An intensive discovery of the people of Cuba, Havana and the countryside, Viñales, Trinidad and Cienfuegos. The program has been designed so to comply with the last legal US requirements.
Whatever your country of origin is you can now join this very special Havana Photo Tour.
I have been photographing Cuba for the last 10 years. We will have daily personal contact with the denizens of a vibrant island that offers continuous photographic opportunities. A one to one immersion with organised encounters with artists, business men, "real" people as well as private and staged photo sessions and spontaneous work with Harry Fisch. Ultimately, it’s about our experience with Cuban people. Interesting people, Hidden locations, hard to find and reach photographic opportunities .
For photographers of all levels. The special atmosphere of Cuba in an unique and unforgettable experience
Visit the Post INCREDIBLE CUBA and get an idea on how is a typical day
VIDEO CUBA PHOTO TOUR
- - Limited to 5 participants only (exceptionally 6)
- - We will be sharing and exchanging moments of real life with the people
- - With an expert Spanish/English bilingual award winning photographer
- - Private staged photo sessions with ballerinas, boxers
- - Private voodoo session in a real home with real practitioners
- - Document and discuss the reality of an authentic Cuban new business activity
- - A Havana People to People with unique photographic opportunities
- - Compelling photographic and educational visits to dance and artist's studios, local produce markets, boxing arenas, music venues
- - We will work on storytelling with our photographs, starring the characters of Havana. Musicians, painters, dancers, santeras all await our lenses, set against the backdrop of the passionate atmosphere of the Cuban world.
- - Architecture: Former colonial architecture and Art Deco. El Malecon. The suspended time through architecture.
- - Locations: Alleys and streets, the extraordinary cemetery of Havana. The outskirts.
- - Landscapes: Cityscapes The Malecon, Havana Vieja.
- - Experiences: Some transfers in the classic American car from the 50s. We will be shooting a Santeria (Voodoo) private photo session, ballerinas in a palace and many more photographic activities.
- - The special people of Cuba and Havana, photographed at the winding alleys, the neo-gothic churches, 20’s style theaters. We will find a veritable cornucopia of stages for our photography here. Everything from former colonial style buildings to the Art Deco movement, which is represented in Havana.
I will offer you many photographic opportunities related to people and cultural diversity: unique locations, spontaneous street photography, planed private photo sessions in very special surroundings. It's one to one instruction, where I personally address all questions and concerns. The program has been designed so to comply with the last legal US requirements. We will enjoy the city of course, but it isn’t a tour with a camera included: it's about our meaningfull interaction with the locals.
We are mainly oriented toward people photography: short lenses, close distance, atmospheric places. Dancers, shoemakers, barbers, old art nouveau buildings, decadent structures. We will have access to spontaneous street photography, portraits in close contact and personal exchange with people, Vodoo session (Santeria). Also, private photo sessions with dancers while training and shoe makers working and a few surprises along the way.
Being a professional travel photographer, totally fluent in Spanish and having visited Cuba for the last 10 years .
Personal encounters with the photographic excuse have carefully been planed and created but, finally, It’s up to the photographer what they want the experience to be. We will have access to a Vodoo session (Santeria). Cuba National ballet dancers while training and cobblers working and a many photographic opportunities along the way.
We will be sharing and exchanging moments of real life with the people, seeking opportunities in the most interesting spots and encounters in Havana and beyound; from the budding business of markets, barbershops to working with models who will pose for us. We will have free, daily personal photographic contact with the denizens of a vibrant city that offers continuous photographic opportunities. Getting around the music filled streets in classic cars, browsing the Art Deco buildings of the harbor area, and capturing the city waking up each morning are among the fantastic photo opportunities we’ll have, and this is just the beginning.
It is an opportunity to really meet and connect with the Cuban people, and experience the quickly-shifting cultural landscape they live in. Cuba is one of the spots on the map that is alive; ever changing, ever evolving, but ever beautiful. So come along with us and capture this face, this angle of this enchanting country before it sweeps into its next era.
We will rarely be taking pictures as a whole as, in people photography, it is preferable to have a maximum of two people interacting with their subjects. I personally address all questions and concerns of the photographer and concentrate on supporting the photographic opportunities we have found and planed for you and also discover together.
A Real-Life Cuba Photo Tour and a photographic adventure.
This photo tour is geared above all towards personal skill development, but also personal interest. Ultimately, it’s about our experience with Cuban people, so we try to also keep it flexible.
What To Expect
Harry is an international award winning, bilingual Spanish-English photographer, and a seasoned traveler of Cuba who knows all the out of the way spots where followers of Santeria (a variation of Voodoo) practice, Cuba’s best boxers take to the canvas, and where to hang out with Havana’s rising small-business entrepreneurs. This is a once in a lifetime chance to see the real Cuba and it’s day to day life, beyond the razzle dazzle put out for tourists.
Harry, will also advise you on how to approach the subjects, the preparation, the photographic vision, analysis of the situation. He has traveled enough in Cuba to know the best way to approach people on their own cultural ground, which is invaluable to any traveling photographer.
- You will be interacting with locals, in close and personal contact.
- We will also have the chance to photograph spontaneous and also formal portraits with proper preparation in photo sessions.
- We’ll have time to work on capturing the atmosphere, because let’s face it, it’s all about atmosphere. Even the most perfectly crafted shot means nothing if it doesn’t evoke feeling, transmit the ambiance, or carry the magic of the moment.
- We will enjoy the city, and see the main sights, of course, but this isn’t a tour with camera included: we are there to promote a personal contact and photograph.
- Every day will have its own special itinerary to make sure that we comply with the meaningful interaction as well as taking the best advantage of the plethora of photographic opportunities and adventures that await.
This is a 100% legal Cuba program for US citizens. Certain categories of travel to Cuba are permitted, such as support to the cuban people in the island. All itineraries provide a full time schedule of activities that will result in meaningful interactions between you and individuals in Cuba in order to support civil society. U.S. law requires that all US citizens who participate in this program adhere to this full time schedule.
My recent trip to Cuba was with Harry Fisch a Spanish photographer. I picked his tour on a whim even though I don't do people or street photography. My only reason was to go to Cuba. Not knowing much about him or his photography was a blessing in disguise as there would be no disappointment without much expectation.It was a wonderful trip seeing Cuba through his eyes who has been there many times. My initiation into street photography began under Harry's expert guidance. I have had the privilege of being on many photo tours with some exceptionally talented photographers. Harry also belongs there in this genre of photography. His patience,interest and knowledge helped me develop respect and fascination for this genre. I would recommend his tour highly if one wants to go to Cuba and do people photography.
Amy Hill and Chris Riess (www.riesshill.com Santa Monica, California)
On all our trips all travel arrangements and travel services are provided by a licensed Travel Agent .
Several photo sessions, personal and photographic encounters have carefully been planed and created: from a Vodoo session (santeria) to a private photo session with professional ballet dancers while training, shoe makers working at their place while you shoot inide and a few surprises along the way.
Personal interchange and active private photo sessions, spontaneous and also formal portraits with proper on the streets and free, daily personal photographic contact with the denizens of a vibrant country that offers continuous photographic opportunities. Compelling photographic and educational visits to dance and artist's studios, local produce markets, dancers. shoemakers, agricultural and livestock farms, and music venues, to name a few of our well-planned locations will alternate between cultural exchanges. Getting around the music filled streets in classic cars, browsing the Art deco buildings of the harbor area, and capturing the city waking up each morning.
Most of the time there will be a maximum of two photographers working together with their subjects.
DAY 1, 2 , 3, 4, 5 – HAVANNA.-
DAY 6, 7 – VIÑALES.-
DAY 8 – CIENFUEGOS.-
DAY 9 – CIENFUEGOS - TRINIDAD-CIENFUEGOS .-
DAY 10 – CIENFUEGOS – REMEDIOS – SANTA CLARA
Please contact us for a detailed itinerary . You should get a good idea of the photographic opportunities visiting our Cuba brochure (upper left fo this page "Download Pdf).
|Prices per person|
|5 Participants||6300 US$|
|Single Room Supplement Main Trip||600 US$|
Prices are per person, based on double occupancy . A limited quantity of single-occupancy rooms are available for an additional charge.
The maximum number of participants are listed under "Maximum Group" in the Price section of each individual workshop. However, we reserve the right to add by up to one, the maximum number of participants per workshop at any time.
-Harry Fisch Bilingual Photographer and Tuition
-All meals excepted first and last day
-10 days total 9 nights
-Private, set Photo Sessions
-Accommodations in Casas Particulares (Private Homes). Clean, Nice Rooms, Private bathroom, Air Conditioned, Hot Water.
-All local ground transportation
-Admission to all vistis and public buildings listed in itinerary
-Coordination of all listed activities
-Pre-trip departure information
-Health Insurance while in Cuba
-Flight from USA - Cuba - USA
-Airline baggage fees
-Tips for local guides and drivers
-Individual house/hotel expenses (minibar, room service, laundry fees, etc.)
-Cuban Visa Fee 85 US$
Prices are per person, based on double occupancy. A limited quantity of single-occupancy rooms are available for an additional charge.
A deposit of $1000 per person is required to guarantee your reservation, which will be applied towards the cost of your tour. Deposits are non-refundable, except in rare cases when we cannot confirm all components of a booking at the purchase price.
Any pending balance must be paid in full at least 90 days prior to departure.
All itineraries provide a full time schedule of educational activities that will result in meaningful interactions between you and individuals in Cuba. U.S. law requires that all persons who participate in this program adhere to this full time schedule.
It is very important that all travelers understand the cancellation policy. If it is not clear, please contact us for clarification and a complete description.
We recommend buying a "Cancel for any reason" Trip Cancellation Insurance that can protect you against unforeseen circumstances that might prevent your attendance and trip cancellation should you unexpectedly need to cancel.
It is required to purchase a medical and repatriation travel insurance package to protect oneself in case of an unexpected medical emergency.
1) A booking of US$ 1.000 per person shall be made required to guarantee your reservation.
2) A payment of US$ 2,000 per person 4 months before departure
3) The remaining balance 2 months before departure
- If you cancel 121 days or more prior to departure the Travel Agent will give you back the amounts paid less 500 $.
- Between 120 and 91 days before the departure date, the Travel Agent will retain your initial booking fee as well as fees that are charged by the suppliers providing the services included in your tour, and/or the airlines providing the air transportation . Fees may range from 25% to 50 % of tour costs.
- Less than 91 days before the departure date, the Travel Agent will retain 50% of the price of the tour as well as fees that are charged by the suppliers providing the services included in your tour, and/or the airlines providing the air transportation . Fees may range from 25% to 100% of tour costs.
- Less than 60 days before the departure date, the Travel Agent will retain 100 % of the amounts received .